Day 0 : Saturday, Entering the Gateway to the Northeast
- Meet at the arrival terminal of Guwahati Airport before 2PM.
- Drive from Guwahati the bustling capital city of Assam to a cooler and greener Meghalaya. On the way you will get a glimpse of the beautiful Umiam Lake, make a quick stopover to take pictures and quick snack.
- We won’t be entering Shillong but will be taking a detour and reach
Mawphlang and setup our Camp for overnight stay(Pitch our own tents)
- Enjoy the local food, sit by the camp fire and gaze at a million stars indulging in some enticing conversations.
Day 1 : Sunday, A Trek to Remember!
- Start an early day(6am) with a quick breakfast at the camp site and head out on a historical trail, this 16-km trek is a part of the famous horse-cart track that was built by David Scott a British officer during early 1800s which stretches up to Bangladesh and is named after him.
- Duration: 4-5 hours, 16 km
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate. Gradual descent for 1 hour followed by flat walk for about 2-3 hours. Gradual ascent for the last 1 hour.
- Things to carry: Carry 2 litres of water, dry food and some packed lunch from our camp site. You can refill your water bottles at any of the many fresh water streams that we cross along the way.
- Reach back to the camp site by evening and freshen up and call it an early day with sumptuous local food.
Day 2 : Monday, Behold Paradise
- Start an early day(6am) with quick breakfast at the camp site and leave for Shnongpdeng Nestled along the banks of mighty Umngot River
- Quick stop at Dawki, enjoy boating gaping at the river bed and moving fish through one of the clearest river waters and have a quick lunch.
- Shnongpdeng is blessed with a topography that beckons every nature lovers to enjoy camping, angling, rock climbing, cliff jumping, zip lining, snorkelling, scuba diving and trekking.(some activities at guests expense)
- Setup our camp(Pitch our own tents) and enjoy the evening with camp
fire, music, local food and loads of fun.
Day 3 : Tuesday, Magic of Nature
- Start a lazy day with a swim in the fresh cold waters of umngot river, have breakfast at our campsite and leave for mawnylong, Asia’s first cleanest village but what is more enticing to see there is the Matriarchal society working in perfect harmony.
- Visit the living root bridge at Riwai and hike up to Nowhet village to get a
glimpse of Bangladesh.(Lunch at Riwai)
- Head to Sohra by evening, setup our campsite(Pitch our own tents)
freshen up and sit by the campfire, enjoy the barbeque, local food gazing at a million stars with the entire view of cherrapunji at a distance.
Day 4 : Wednesday, More Nature
- Start an early day(5am) and begin our journey to the Tyrna village (in Cherrapunjee) which acts as the base point for the double decker trek.
- Have breakfast at Tyrna and start climbing down 3000 steps, Your knees
will start to give in and you will be drenched in your sweat but you will recover every drop of that sweat when you reach your destination - the double decker living root bridges.
- Take a pit stop at Nongriat village, recuperate our energy and head out into the wilderness and witness fascinating fairy pools and umpteen waterfalls and reach rainbow waterfalls.
- Enjoy the trek while keeping track of time as we have to trek all the way
back to Shora by evening.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Sohra
Day 5 : Thursday, Shillong
- Start a lazy day, have a sumptuous breakfast and leave for shillong.
- After soaking 4 days in blissful nature, time to get back to civilisation and experience the city life of North East.
- As there are many things to explore in this city, we will keep the itinerary fluid and decide the places to visit basing on guests interests.
- May be find a good watering hole by evening and enjoy the city culture.
- Overnight stay in Shillong(Dorm/Camp)
Day 6 : Friday, Leisure Day
- There is absolutely no agenda set for this day, we will make one on the fly and surprise ourselves. However considering its good Friday, we will not have many commercial establishments open in Meghalaya. However lucky for us, nature doesn’t take a holiday so can immerse ourselves back into nature.
- Leave for Kaziranga in the night(overnight journey)
Day 7 : Saturday, Wildlife Calling!
- Start an early day and head out to on a jungle safari into the foggy grasslands of Kaziranga National Park.
- Come back and relax or take a stroll in the flea market of Kohra.
- Visit the Orchid and Cultural Park in the afternoon post lunch and bewilder at the cultural extravagance of Assam.
- Come back and gather around by dinner time to rekindle our tranquil tales of Meghalaya and Kaziranga.
- Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Day 8 : Sunday, Time to say Adios!
Wake up, enjoy breakfast and then pack your bags for the return journey to Guwahati. The long drive through fertile Brahmaputra riverbelt will have numerous viewpoints and local souvenir stores, you could stop and admire the spots as long as you have time to make it for your flight back home. Arrive at Guwahati by afternoon and bid goodbye to the north east.